Everything You Need to Know About Speaking at Wonk Week
What is a Wonk Week session?
If you’ve ever attended a webinar with Quorum, Wonk Week is like webinars on steroids. We have about 12-15 sessions covering topics ranging from grassroots advocacy strategies, to PAC management, to policy issue debriefs, lobbying strategy, and more. Each session lasts about 45 minutes and can be in a few formats:
- A panel: 2-3 folks join to discuss one topic. For example, one panelist each from an association, nonprofit, and corporation discussing their fly-in strategies.
- Presentation-style: A more formalized slide-deck presentation, followed by discussion
- Q+A: A member of the Quorum team will join you as a co-host for a Q+A style discussion.
We’re doing a mix of in-person and virtual programming, so can accommodate speakers wherever you are located.
How Can Your Organization Participate?
We’re looking for speakers for these sessions! Fill out this form if you’re interested in speaking.
What is Required for Speaking at Wonk Week?
We’re getting an early start on finding speakers so there is plenty of time to work with everyone’s schedules. In total, participating as a Wonk Week speaker will take 5-10 hours of your time (depending on type of session). If you participate in a Wonk Week session, here is what you may be asked to do:
- Participate in a kickoff call to learn about your work and presentation topic (or brainstorm one with our team!) – July & August
- Promote Your Session – we’ll provide graphics! – September & October
- If using slides, create or collaborate with our team to get them ready. August through October
- Participate in a dress rehearsal to review content and get comfortable with our tech system, Goldcast – September & October
- Potentially wear a Halloween costume 😉
Why Speak at Wonk Week?
A Wonk Week session benefits both you and your organization in several ways. For example:
- A Wonk Week session can help your organization show off its work and communicate expertise within your industry
- A Wonk Week session can help establish you personally as an expert and a thought leader in public affairs